Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Independent sculpture 1







 In this sculpture, I faced the ideas of beauty, death, trapped happiness, and beauty in death. This piece was incredibly important to me because I based it off of some of my emotions connected to the death of my childhood, and beloved, cat. I wanted to explore the beauty of death, the sadness of beauty, and the combinations of both. The delicate white bone flower not only shows death, but it shows beauty as well. This gorgeous combination allows the viewer to make their own decisions on death and attempt to come to terms with it. The delicate cage and chain symbolize trapped happiness as well as the entrapments of death. the delicate bone flower is wrapped up in chains and in a cage to represent the traps of beauty, happiness, and death. The creation of this unique and slightly morbid piece has helped me come to terms with the passing of my cat and has allowed me to better move forward in the grieving process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Independent Sculpture 2

  In this sculpture, I focus on my childhood and my love of dollhouses as well as collecting small trinkets. I use these two ideas and blend...